My GorGeOuS (newlywed!!!) friend came into town for a really quick visit... So she didn't actually come to see me, specifically, but I lucked out and was able to spend a whole day with her! Amanda is one of my dear "nanny" friends! She's a California Gurl who made her way over to NJ 6-ish years ago and we've been great pals since! Her sister was gonna be in NYC over the weekend and she had talked Amanda into flyin out to spend time with her (her hubbs was in town on business and was gonna be tied up the whole time, so, Rachel needed a companion!!). Since she was flying in a day before Rachel, I got the honor of picking her up from the airport (well, after she took a shuttle from Laguardia to Grand Central Station and then a train to Newark airport... all so I wouldn't have to cross the Hudson!). We talked 'til I don't know how early in the morning... We got up and talked a little more and headed out to one our favorite diners. Then it was off to the city, New York City, that is! I was so glad this was over a weekend as I have Fridays off! I did have MiLo, so that kinda put a wrench in my freedom to do whatever (and I feel like a pretty bad mommy cause it was drizzly all day and MiLo wouldn't keep on one of his shoes... he's had a yucky cough ever since). That's ok, though, I yuv 'im! Amanda's sis Rachel came in and we met up with her and walked around to find a "charming" place to eat... We found a diner... very easy to come by ;) I knew it was time to go because MiLo was headin south fast... It was after 8 and we had been there since about 2:30... Let me just brag a sec about how GOOD MiLo is!! He is seriously totally cool! Hardly ever heard a peep outta the kid! I'm so lucky! I'm so glad I got to see Amanda (& Rachel!!); the last time I saw her was on my wedding day over 4 years ago... Its so great to be able to pick up where left off!

No comments:
Post a Comment