So about a month ago Milo learned how to do this...
Well, that meant that we needed to put him in a "big boy bed." I was very apprehensive about that because I knew it would drastically change nap time and bedtime. Some people ask me if it makes me sad that he's no longer in a crib... YOU BET IT DOES! Nap time has become the most dreaded part of my day... I either have to lay with him and keep encouraging him to close his eyes until he goes to sleep or run an errand so that he'll fall asleep on the drive back... I've tried just leaving him in his room, but he only reeks havoc... We put locks on his closet so that we can put all toys away hoping that boredom would help him sleep... No, not so much. Nap time was when I would work out, and now, if he does nap its only for about an hour when he was napping as long as 2 1/2 hrs in his crib. It pretty much just keeps getting harder to get him down... Doesn't he realize that he needs a nap? That I need him to nap?? Bedtime, is a little better because its dark. We lock his door from the outside so he can't get out (some people don't agree with that)... He doesn't cry about it, though. The other downside is that he doesn't sleep in as long anymore... He was up at 5:45 this morning, just roaming around!! Wouldn't that make YOU sad, too??!!
These are just some of the ways he likes to sleep.
This is what I typically find after nap time... I decided if he does it again that we will baby-proof his drawers too!


I am definitely dreading putting Stephanie in a "big girl" bed! I'm not ready for it!
ReplyDelete