Milo loved this pig... I thought it was stinky but he kept running back to him
Cesar had a birthday... He turned 31... What did this guy want for his birthday? Well, now that he's all about living a healthier lifestyle, he wanted "Insanity." If you haven't heard of it, its a set of super intense workout dvd's... He got 'em... and he rocks 'em!
He's so handsome... I love this man :)
We went to our playgroup's Halloween party... Milo was Woody this year. He is OBSESSED with Toy Story... Loves all 3 of them, and come to think of it, today is probably the 1st day this WHOLE month that we did not watch even 1!
For the life of me, I couldn't get him to wear the darn hat!
We went pumpkin picking! This is Milo's third year of pumpkin picking and the 1st year he understood what it was all about :) He had a great time on the hayride and picking up pumpkins and dropping them back on the ground.
We went trick-or-treating at the Ledgewood Mall (and I use that word lightly as this "mall" only has like 3 stores... Milo, not being a lover of candy, didn't care much for the whole trick-or-treating thing. Call us aweful parents, but we didn't even take him trick-or-treating on Halloween (which was almost canceled due to the CRAZY snow storm we had the day of this pic).
Our friends, the Coopers hosted the annual adult halloween party... It was the biggest one yet, I think. Good food, fun games & fab company - what more could we need?
Two days before Halloween we had a nasty storm... I remember 2 or 3 years ago we had a snow storm before Halloween but this one happened on a school day and kids were kept at school to wait for the roads to clear, there were accidents everywhere and it took Cesar 3+ hours to get home when it should only take 20-25 min. This storm happened on a Saturday, so you would think that school wouldn't have been affected... Not so! We got about 18 inches of snow... It was HEAVY snow, and it brought down TONS of trees in the area. There were hundreds of thousands of people without power - FOR DAYS! Kids didn't go to school until Thursday of that week because of the power loss. We only had sacrament meeting that Sunday because so many from our ward were affected. We were fortunate enough to not lose any power at all... Our only hiccup was a few days later, we didn't have water for a half a day (on 2 different days). Apparently, the pump used by the town to get the water to where we live was running on a generator, but no one thought to check the fuel level and it ran out of gas, so we lost it a couple of times until they were able to get more fuel for it and then ultimately the power was restored. I don't know, I think that story sounds a little fishy...
The tree in the top right corner of this collage fell right in front of our garage... Cesar usually parks there, and was actually parked there but he said he noticed that it was looking a little weak so he moved his car... no more than 30 min later and the tree was down. Our car would have been crushed if he hadn't moved it.
Just a quick story... So, that morning, just before the storm began, my dear friend Marti gave birth to a baby boy in her home. I was lucky enough to be there (not in the room) when he was born. I had planned on taking care of her almost 3 year old during the birth but it just so happened that she labored mostly through the night so her son slept through it. Anyway, I had planned to make dinner for them and take it when I took Reed, their son, home. The snow had been falling since, I'd say 8:30, 9am at this point and it was pretty bad out, but I was determined that I was going to get this meal to them and get Reed home to his family. I decided I would take Cesar's car; it has 4 wheel drive and does great in the snow. Well, because I hardly drive it, I didn't even think to check the gas level... Yeah, as soon as I got on the freeway, the gas light came on and I still had a ways to go before the exit - before ANY exit. Well, when I got off the freeway, it was SO DARK. I didn't realize, but the power was out all over town. I drove up and down the road for I don't know how many miles looking for a gas station, but none were open because of the power outage... Finally, I decided that I had better just get Reed home and assess my situation when I got there... I felt like such an idiot and I was so worried that I wasn't going to make it home... I had driven a lot of miles with the gas light on and Cesar couldn't tell me how many miles he can suck out of his car - if I were in my car, I would have known.... Well, if I were in my car, I would have also known that I needed gas! Anyway, long story short, Marti and her husband sent me home with THEIR car and I brought it back the next morning with some gas for mine. I felt so dumb that I let that happen, with THEIR son in MY car... They were so sweet to not make me feel bad at all... I will definitely pay more attention next time I get in the hubby's car. He didn't want me to go in the first place, but my mind was set... I think if I had known that they didn't have power, I would have just had Reed stay with us... Anyhow, hindsight it 20-20, no?
*This story may have been sooo boring to you, but I just needed to document it... and this did make me realize that I really should listen to Cesar more :)
THE END






What a cute kid! I love the cheesy grins! We experienced that same snow storm just before Halloween (we're northeast of you). The kids were of course so excited and had a snowman built within the first hour. They weren't so excited though when trick or treating was postponed. Knocking doors in November is just weird.
ReplyDelete