I managed to get a GREAT tan this summer.... and its already starting to fade =( We had a really fun summer this year. MiLo is at such a great age that it makes life all the more the fun. He LOVES swimming so we spent A LOT of time at the pool. We were there, at least 3 times a week and he loved every minute of it... He started out without arm floaties because I thought he was too small for them and he had a donkey tube thingy that he could float in nicely, but he hated it! So we decided to give my friend's pink floaties a whirl, and he LOVED them. He thought he was an olympic swimmer or something. He didn't need his momma in the pool with him anymore after that... he was a pro after all. He knew exactly how to get to the pool so sometimes I had to take an alternate route just so that he wouldn't get upset that we were passing the pool and not going in. He's too smart for me sometimes!
We took a couple of trips down the shore in July... We spent a long weekend at a beach house over July 4th weekend and had a great time spending time with Cesar's mom, sisters Pamela & her 2 boys, Romina & cousin Marilyn & her son. Lots of sand.... and laughs!
MiLo and I had a weekly date with my good friend Marti & her cutie-patutie Reed... Marti turned into my personal trainer and she would kick my butt every Wednesday morning... Afterward, we would reward ourselves with a delicious meal and swimming!
Clearly, our summer did not contain anything that was life changing, but we spent a lot of time with friends & family and enjoyed lots of fun in the sun... Isn't that what summer's all about?! It went too fast... as it always does!
Check out those pink floaties!!
Now, MiLo LOVES swimming in a pool... the ocean, not so much. I'm not gonna lie, I'm with him on that one *Check out my sexy, buff husband with the farmer tan!!
Oh, the sand! Not sure why I even go to the beach... I don't care to spend much time IN the ocean and I can't stand all the SAND; especially when its in every crevice of my & my kid's body! I can't stay away from it, though!
MiLo and Reed enjoying some water time outside of the pool... Lovin' their hats!
MiLo has figured out how to take pictures of himself and thinks its the best thing in the world... He's not so bad... Although, what responsible parent actually lets their child play with their camera... Oh, that would be me :)
GNO - Girl's Night Out! Good pal, Jen (pink tiara & boa) had a birthday and we got to celebrate with a girl's night out at Cheesecake Factory... I got the red velvet one... WOW! It took me a couple of days to eat it, but it was AMAZING! *Totally stole "GNO" from you, Mel... Thanks!
We were supposed to be down the shore again with our friends, the Teeples, over Labor Day weekend... but then Hurricane Irene decided to wreak havoc and the Teeples had a nasty flood in their basement... Needles to say, they decided to be responsible and stay home to take care of the aftermath. It ended up raining all weekend, so it didn't make for a great shore weekend anyhow... We got to spend the whole weekend as a family, just the 3 of us... until we went to the Crayola factory on Labor Day with the Teeples :)
Just had to put this one up... MiLo found a fun "sticker" to play with in mommy's bag!
LOVED spending my summer days with this guy!






So glad we got spend some quality summer time with you fun three!! Crayola Factory was a great time! Love Milo's self-portraits....he's a handsome one!
ReplyDeleteWhat a nice way to spend the summer! We went to the Crayola Facotry this ummer also. Cole's favorite part was seeing the Big Blue Crayon! (it's his favorite color)
ReplyDelete