Ever since Milo has been in a "big boy bed" (just a couple of months after he turned 2... not by choice, but by necessity as he had learned how to climb out of his crib and we didn't want him to get hurt) naps have been hit and miss. He would get out toys and have a hay day. So,we decided that we would lock up all of his toys in his closet and leave minimal books for him to look at when its time for nap. We want it to be as boring as possible so he has to fall asleep, lol. There was a time when I was debating on baby-proofing his dresser drawers because he would pull EVERYTHING out (sometimes switching his outfit for something of his choosing) but decided that wasn't necessary because he wasn't doing it all the time. Well, lately, he has been doing great, goes right down. He still gets his binky... but only at nap time and bed time. I just can't take it away because it makes him so upset... its torturous for me and him. He never cries or fights me about naps; he just sometimes finds things to play with and keep him awake. He stays in his room, no problem, too. I used to lock him in (I know, sounds horrible and border-line abusive or something, but he NEVER cried about it) so he no longer tries to get out. I leave him in there for a couple of hours, for "quiet time." I think I've earned it, and again, he doesn't hate it. Anyway, the other day, after about an hour, I knew he wasn't asleep so I decided I would go in and check on him and perhaps rock him a little. When I walked in, I saw this...
... and I was greeted, in the cheeriest of voices, with a, "Hello mama!!!" I just stared for a couple of seconds and then I lost it. I laughed hysterically! He looked soooo funny, and just the look on his face when I walked in was priceless. I had to run to find my phone so I could take some pics. He had squeezed out an ENTIRE container of baby powder. The WHOLE thing... it was practically full because we rarely use it. While I did NOT enjoy cleaning it up, I realized that his room had a lovely smell to it (and did for a couple days after), and I could live with that. This kid cracks me up!!!

That's our Milo!
ReplyDeleteWhat a little stinker!! That boy keeps you laughing...that's for sure! Oh, I just wish I could give him a giant hug and squeeze right now!! Give him one from me.
ReplyDelete