Thursday, February 16, 2012

In case you wondered, this blog IS still active =)

Blogging...  I love it, but I hate it!  I don't know why I just can't keep on top of it.  Sometimes I think I need to be creative and witty with my posts, but then I remember that, if anything, they're for me and I don't really need to impress myself; I already know how cool I am.  Yeah, sure. 

Anyway, we had a GREAT December/ early January.  Grandma came to visit us...  for a full 4 weeks!!!  We had a fabulous time.  When we weren't just hanging out at home we kept busy doing a number of things...

 Milo LOVES reading, so Grandma read him lots of books...
 Grandma took him on bike rides and nature walks (when the weather permitted)...
 ...  and to the park.
 We all (Cesar, me, Milo, Grandma, Abuela, Titi Pamela, Wyatt, Yeshua & Titi Romy) took a ride on the Santa train.  Santa came to our car first!!! 
 Milo didn't like it...  not one bit!  He continued crying when Santa left our car and didn't stop the whole ride.  It was lovely.
 I liked this festively decorated tractor.
We took our moms to see the tree - in my opinion, that must be done EVERY year!
 
And to our favorite Mexican restaurant in the city, Rosa Mexicano.
 We spent Christmas Eve with Cesar's family at their house and had DELICIOUS food and lots of fun...  We skyped with his sister in Chile the whole time and connected it the computer to the TV...  Its like we were all together...  Great time (not sure why we didn't take pics; we're lame).  After church we came home and opened presents.  Milo had such a wonderful time.  He is at the PERFECT age to really have fun of opening presents.  He loved EVERY gift he got!  We had Christmas dinner with our good friends, the Teeples.  I was so happy we could do that as they just moved to Arizona and they have been some of our BEST friends here...  Love them!
Awe, our Christmas tree =)
 We went to one of the many children's museums around and Milo had a BLAST playing on the Pirate Ship...
 ... Checking out old trucks & cars, playing with animals from different countries, trying on clogs, keeping house & playing Dentist.
 He loved the Post Office (he loves going to the post office any old day of the week, too).
 He had fun in the music room and did a little art project...
 ... Enjoyed the trains...
 ...  and went to town in the "Supermarket"...  until he threw a cabbage right at my head and had to sit in time out for two minutes.  It really hurt!
We had a couple friends over for some food and fun on New Year's Eve...  We played a FUNNY game of "Paper Bag" (I think that's the name, but I really can't remember),  Basically, you take a paper lunch sack and put it on the floor.  You have to pick it up with your mouth, without your hands or knees touching the floor (pretty much the only thing that can touch the floor is your feet).  After each round, you cut off a couple of inches from the bag so that it gets harder and harder.  Ultimately, its just a flat piece of paper lying on the floor and you have to pick it up with your mouth...  using only your lips, no sticking tongues out and trying to make it stick, lol.  Essentially, its a test of flexibility...  and I won!  Ha!
Of course no visit is complete without a visit to our favorite Chester Diner and some yummy Jersey pie (pizza pie that is) with good friends!


All in all, GOOD TIMES for the Dominguez family this Christmas!
See you next time, Grandma...  We love you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment