Friday, August 17, 2012

As Promised!


Ok, here goes nothin!!  It has been a BUSY couple of months, to say the LEAST!!!  I know I will leave stuff out, but that's ok, at least I'm blogging =)  The summer started out fine but I was always stessing about where we were going to move to.  Our lease was up in our apartment and we were not going to sign again, as we're having twins and my mom was moving here to live with us to help out with our littles.  A two bedroom just wasn't going to cut it anymore!  So, we looked and looked and finally found us a great townhouse in a gated community (ooh, aren't we fancy, hahaha!).  Cesar has been working, seriously, NON-STOP since probably June.  Its been a fairly hot summer which means a LOT of service calls for AC units out there!  I've been busy with work, taking care of Milo when I'm not working and growing 2 little baby boys in my belly!!!  I am 30 weeks and 2 days (can't forget those 2 days!) along now and I'm planning on having them the 1st week in October, at 37 weeks.  Yes, that's right, that's my PLAN!  My official due date is Oct 24, but carriers of twins will never go past 39 weeks without being induced...  and its safe to go at 37 weeks, so I decided that as soon as I hit 37 weeks I'm doing everything I can to get these babies out.  That shouldn't be too hard, considering what I was told the other day at an ultra sound appointment.  We moved into our new place a couple of weeks ago and I was doing a lot of lifting and moving things (not as much as my mom and hubby, but definitely more than I should have been...  hey, when you want somethin done, you just do it!).  At my appointment they found that my cervix is a bit compressed and smaller in length than they would like it to be.  Doctor asked what I've been up to and as soon as I said I had recently moved she said I have to stop worrying about all of that...  which is SUPER hard...  if I don't want to go into premature labor.  She told me that when I come home from work I need to just sit on the couch and do nothing...  Let hubby and mom keep the house clean, cook and take care of Milo.  Basically, mom is doing all of that with Cesar working soooo much these days...  although, he has had some shorter days this week so its been nice to see him, other than in bed.  Mom has been a tremendous help and I feel so bad.  I feel like she came here and was put right to work, but she doesn't complain, and I know she loves spending time with Milo.   Also at the ultra sound I learned that one of the babies, Baby "A" (the baby closest to the "exit"...  could be Max, but we have to see their faces to know if which is Max or Logan) is breach =/  That was very discouraging information.  I DO NOT WANT TO HAVE A C-SECTION!  I really don't!  I just want these little guys to come out the way that they're supposed to so we can just go home and I don't have to recover from some major surgery.  There is still plenty of time for him to turn, but it doesn't make it any less stressful.  I feel like this is all boring information, but you can always skip the reading and go right on to the pics...  Some of which were taken from my iPhone...  until we got a NEW camera!!  Hooray!!!  Cesar was so excited; while I love pictures and being able to blog them, Cesar is more the photographer than I am.  I still need a couple of lessons on how to use it so that I can be better about documenting the rest of our summer before these babies come!!

Oh, I recently got a new job.  Yes, I'm working 2 jobs...  Sounds like a lot, but its really not.  I only work about 32 hours a week.  Its not terrible.  I'd like to work less, but I'm trying to get all the hours in that I can before these babes make their entrance!  I'm super tired everyday when I come home, but I got my momma, who, like I mentioned before, takes care of anything I need so I can just sit on my ever-expanding rear end!  Is it ever expanding, too!!!  Baby A weighed in at 3lbs 8oz and Baby B at 3lbs 11oz.  Not too shabby...  The average weight at this stage for a singleton is 3lbs, so they're doing awesome! 

I feel like I sound like I'm whining...  I'm not miserable, by any means...  I just never knew how exhausting carrying around 2 babies in my belly can be!!  Lets move on to pics... 
This is just a little family photo we took after church one Sunday...  I'm much bigger now, if you can imagine!
Milo loved playing with all the boxes as we were trying to pack up our house...  I had the most adorable video, but for some reason I can hardly ever manage to upload a video on here; they must be too long =/
In the beginning of July, Milo and I flew out to Utah to see family and a couple of friends.  I knew I needed to get out there one last time while my mom still lived there and before I had these babies because who knows when the next time is we'll make it out with 3 kids...  man, that task (traveling with 3 kids) sounds daunting!  As you can see, Milo LOVED the airplane!!!  I tried to talk it up and get him excited about it for fear he might get scared when the engines started roaring.  That trip at Christmas time, on the Santa train was such a nightmare that I didn't want a repeat!  Milo still loves trains - to play with or to watch on TV (Thomas the Train is a fav around here), but don't take him near one!  I thought that perhaps we'd have another incident like that when the plane started and we got moving, but he was a CHAMP!!!  He kept saying, "To infinity, and beyond!!"  (Again, I had an adorable video to post, but no luck uploading it.)
He watched Madagascar on the way to our 1st stop (a 3hr layover in Detroit...  yes, 3 hrs!!).  Again, he was a champ and just loved the whole adventure.  When we made it to Utah we were greeted by Eryc and Grandma.  He spotted grandma right away and was really happy to see her AND Eryc.  They were good buddies this trip.  Our days there didn't consist of anything super exciting....  and I didn't have a camera to take pics with anyway (I don't like using my phone all the time, I don't think they come out that great.)...  Until Cesar ordered one and had it sent to Utah.  He came 5 days after we did so that he could help load up mom and drive the big moving truck across the country to good ol' New Jersey.  He was waiting for the UPS man to come like a kid waits for Santa to come!  And when he got it...
...  well, he had to test it out , of course.  He needed to learn how to use it!  And he did, no problem. 

These two LOVE to take pics of themselves together...  and I LOVE how they make a lot of the same faces =)


     
Grandma was moving to Iowa the day after mom and Cesar were to head out to NJ.  We all went over to Ben & Brianna's house for dinner and to visit, and we managed to get some family pics.  (I have more of these on the camera still but I don't know where the camera is right now and I just need to get this post done!)  I'm happy we were able to get this pic taken, because I just don't know when we'll all be together again...  Especially with grandma.  The move was extremely hard on her and she misses Utah very much.  She got so sick that she nearly died...  She came so close that her children were planning her funeral!  She made a miraculous recovery and, while she will never be the same again, she is doing so much better and is back in her little apartment in the assisted living facility my cousin Tehra found for her.  She's really sensitive to certain things right now, so I've been unable to talk to her...  I'm hoping I can soon.
The flight home was non-stop...  Thank goodness!  I just wanted to get home!  Milo was a champ, yet again... 
...  but this time he slept most of the way.  He watched a little bit of a movie but then went to sleep and didn't wake up until shortly before we landed.  The landing, now THAT was rough the second time (for him).  It was a pretty turbulent decent and touch down because it was a bit of a stormy day and I'm thinking that that upset Milo's stomach (Cesar has a sensitive stomach when it comes to motion, so perhaps Milo does too?) because as soon as we landed, Milo threw up ALL OVER me!  I'm not exaggerating either; it was all over me.  And it was gross!!  We had to be towed into our gate so it took forever and I just had to sit there with vomit all over me (a nice lady across the aisle from me did offer me some wet-wipes, which was helpful.).  When we FINALLY made it off the train I headed for the nearest bathroom to see if I could clean myself up a bit (with no luck).  I just decided I wanted our bags so we could get to our car (Cesar had left it in long term parking so that I didn't have to worry about a ride - and neither did he!).  Close your eyes and imagine this picture...  A largely pregnant woman, pushing a little boy in a stroller with multiple bags strapped to it, with one hand as the other hand lugs a big suitcase.  Yes, that was us.  When we got to the exit to head over to the air train I noticed it was raining. Yes, yes it was raining.  A guy and his driver actually came to our rescue and helped me get us to the elevator for the air train, and from there it was not big deal.  When it was all said and done, the plane landed at 2:30pm and we didn't get home until 7pm.  It took 3 hours to get home!  New York traffic (yeah, we flew into JFK, not Newark because it was significantly less money), gotta love it! 
The next day Cesar and my brothers packed up my mom and they headed out.  Not long into the drive, though, the dolly towing my mom's car blew a tire and they had to stop on the side of the road.  Cesar had to drive to the nearest town (which only happened to be a few miles away) and look for a place that had a tire to fit.  Four and a half hours and a couple of prayers later and they were back on the road! 
There was even a rainbow!
They only stopped to eat and rest...  They left on Saturday morning around 11:30 and pulled in at home on Monday night around 10.  It was long, but Cesar will tell you that it wasn't bad...  He even wants to do it again, with touristy stops, as a family some day. 
A week and a half after their arrival, we moved into our new place.  It has been a LOT of work, and there is still more to do, but we are happy and know that we will be happy here. 

Cesar has been so tired lately that one of the nights he came home at his regular time, he crashed for a few minutes (before working on more stuff ).  Milo decided he was "tired" too and joined for a little photo-op. 
Chile came to New York to play the other day, so of course, the whole family had to go to the game.  I didn't because, well, I'm as big as a house and had no desire to sit in bleachers and watch a soccer game.  They didn't win...  but Cesar said its wasn't that important of a game.  It was just trying out players to see if they're good enough for the national team...  I guess some of them weren't =/

Cesar's favorite player, Humberto "Chupete" Suazo


I think I'm going to be done for now.  I will try my hardest to be better about keeping up...  Especially now that we have a nice camera.  I know that I didn't post everything and it might have seem mixed up and jumbled, but this is good as its gonna get right now.  Besides, I've been at this for hours now (with my laptop on my lap) and I'm just sure that there are radio active waves or something shooting into my tummy and harming my babies!!!

Until next time!!

5 comments:

  1. Our baby will most likely be Max, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay for the name Max!! We were actually contemplating Maximus but then I thought it was just a little too weird. Then I thought perhaps I should get creative with the spelling... Maxx? Maks? I realized that I needed to calm down and Max is just fine ;)

      Delete
  2. Such fun to see your pics... hang in there and keep those feet up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!! I love seeing your belly pic and especially your new place! It looks awesome and huge! I can't wait to see it some time! You have to remember your body is working full time cooking those little guys, so you DO need to just sit and do nothing!! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Great camera. I couldn't believe that heinous trip home from JFK. You're a survivor! Love you, neighbor!

    ReplyDelete