Anyway, the birth story... Towards the end of my pregnancy I was seeing my midwives and the doctor they are affiliated with, Dr Garfinkel, because he would be the one to do my c-section (had to have a section because the little stinkers were BOTH breech). Monday, Oct 1, 2012 (36 weeks and 5 days), I had a regular check-up appointment with my midwives. I was so swollen and retaining water like nobody's business that Lisa (my midwife) was a little concerned and wanted to test me for pre-eclampsia. She sent me home with containers to collect my urine for a full 24 hours... How was I supposed to store it? IN MY FRIDGE!!! SICK, I know!! I was stressing over that. Who wants to store their pee in their fridge? Not me. While attempting to get some sleep that night I woke up like I usually do to pee and then I stared at my husband so sound asleep and then I lost it... I just started bawling like a baby and woke Cesar up and told him I had had it. I didn't want to be pregnant anymore (I WAS HUGE!). I ached all over, I could never get comfortable sitting, standing or lying down. My feet were the size of footballs. I was DONE! He, in his drunken sleeping state just said, "Ok, honey, call the doctor in the morning." Gee, thanks dear. I got up again, to go to the bathroom AGAIN. And what do you know, my water broke! I called Lisa and the doctor and was shortly on my way. We arrived at the hospital at about 4:30 in the morning and the babies were cut out of me at 8:05 and 8:06 am. I was SO nervous about the epidural and being cut open. I was annoyed that Cesar couldn't be in the operating room to hold me while they stuck a needle in my back. Thankfully, Lisa was there and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I was in the hospital for 3 days and then went home. I didn't want to go home. I was scared. I wasn't sure how I was going to do this. I didn't have to do it alone... I had my mom! What would I have done these past 8 1/2 weeks without her? I'm pretty sure I would not have survived, and I'm serious! She is the one who got up with me in the night (just because Cesar has been working LONG hours and really needed his sleep) for the first 5 weeks or so until the babies started to sleep a little better. It has been a unique bonding experience that I am most grateful for. Milo is IN LOVE with his baby brothers. He loves to show them off and give them kisses and love on them. I'm so grateful for that. He has not had any moments of jealousy at all. He gave ME a really hard time for the first little while. He wasn't "bad," he would just completely ignore me when I asked him to do things and throw fits... All things that are normal but just uncharacteristic of my little man. He has since gone back to the regular little stinker he was before. We had some issues with potty training but we can say now that he is officially potty trained... YAY!!! We don't venture out too much; its SO difficult to get out the door! I decided I would attempt getting to church this Sunday; we'll see. While I can't do everything by myself and it has been an extremely big adjustment (I'm not afraid to admit it either!), things have definitely gotten easier. LIFE IS GOOD; no, GREAT!
Milo is currently obsessed with Spiderman... OBSESSED
My mom and I managed to meet up with playgroup to pick pumpkins...
... Milo loved it!
LOVE.THIS.FACE.
My boys; Milo, Logan & Max. I have 3 kids!!!
Then (Logan & Max) ...
... Now (Max & Logan)




Oh my gosh... they are darling!!!! And getting so big already!
ReplyDeletelove, love, love them!! You're doing awesome! I know this because I know you and because I can tell from our conversation, texts! It is definitely NOT easy, but you are amazing!! They are so dang cute...I'm SO missing that I can't hold them and love them.
ReplyDelete