Saturday, February 9, 2013

Catching Up

Ahhhh, here I sit with minimal time trying to think about what to post...  Its only been a couple of months since my last post and surely nothing super exciting has come to pass.  Life is good here at the Dominguez home.  I went back to work at the beginning of the year and it makes each week seem to zoom right by.  December was nice.  The holiday season, this year, just did not seem the same.  We were still adjusting to life with 2 babies and a 3 year old (heck, I'm STILL adjusting!) that I had no desire to even decorate...  but of course I did; I'm no scrooge!  Milo was soooo much fun this year...  he just seems to get more fun each year as he gets older and understands more.  He actually saw Santa without crying this year, which was a huge success.  He did not, however, sit on his lap.  He told him what he wanted from a distance, "I would like a Spiderman toy, Santa Clause" (said very nervously, but oh so cute!) and sat on Cesar's knee instead of his.  We had fun spending Christmas Eve at Cesar's parents' place, as we do every year.  It was a FULL house this year with four additions to the group - Juliana (Romina's baby), Logan, Max & my MOM!  My mom was here last year but this year she's officially moved here and she fit right in.  We were able to skype (connecting it to the TV so its nice and big) with his sister in Chile ,and we keep it on the whole night so its like we're all there together - we even eat at the same time.  Christmas day was a lovely lazy day.  We didn't even have a normal Christmas dinner; in fact, we went back over to Cesar's parents' place to have left-overs.  Next year, though, my head will be in a different place and I will cook all of my favs. 

*Some of these pics were taken with my phone so they are grainy :/




January was filled with just plane old busy life...  We are boring.  All we do these days is work, change diapers, feed babies and repeat.  I am only working 3 days a week which is just perfect.  I am so grateful that my mom is here with us; I love that I get to leave my babies here with her and not worry about taking them to daycare.  If I had to, though, it wouldn't have been so bad, Milo's daycare/ school is the best!  Milo goes to school 2 days a week so my mom only has all 3 of our stinkers one day a week.  She is such a trooper and an awesome grandma.  I truly believe that this experience has brought us closer together, and for that, I am even more grateful.

For Christmas Cesar decided that he didn't want to get toys for his nephews because in time they just get broken anyway so he thought it would be fun to take them camping overnight.  He got them (and Milo) fun flashlights to wear on their heads while they explored the forest in the dark.  They had such a great time and hope to do it again.

Some night exploring
Daytime hiking

Our poor babies have been sick since the second week in January...  First Max got a stomach bug and was puking and had diarrhea for 10 days!  I had never seen so much vomit come out of a little baby's mouth...  it was SO sad!  About midway through, Logan got it.  Then he had it forever, too.  As soon as that is out of their systems they get a nasty cold and cough that has really kicked their little bums (and mine!!).  We've decided that we're not taking them out of the house until spring!  Max is still struggling with it.  I took them both to the doctor yesterday and he said that Logan is definitely getting better.  Max on the other, still needs to be watched...  basically, I just need to monitor his temperature and make sure he doesn't get a fever.  I was sure they had RSV, but thankfully they do not.  Fingers crossed this takes a hike pronto!!


Milo is awesome!  That kid is the best big brother ever!  He loves them so much and loves to give them hugs and kisses...  he especially loves to rub his cheek against their faces; so sweet =)  He says the funniest things and has the best personality.  He is now a sunbeam and goes to primary.  How did that happen?  The primary president makes cute little laminated cards with each month's scripture on it to take home (as well as a CD of all the songs they will learn for the year) and we have been reciting January's and now February's each night.  Tonight Milo said January's scripture ALL BY HIMSELF.  Its the cutest, sweetest thing to hear scripture come from my son's mouth.  We sure love that boy!



I love our life.  It is busy and filled with lots of poopy diapers, snotty noses, loads of laundry, crying babies, whining 3 year olds, tired (and sometimes grumpy) mommies, over-worked daddies and tired grandmas...  and I wouldn't have it any other way.  We are happy and healthy and have the things that we need.  We are truly blessed.  I mean, just look at these faces...




1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the last picture of the boys in their PJ's!! Hope the twins start to feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete