I recently had a conversation with my good friend Melanie and we talked about how grown up her boys are getting... We talked about her oldest, he's 9 1/2. She mentioned how he no longer let's her hold his hand or walk him to the bus stop or let her give him kisses. I immediately went inside after speaking with her and kissed my Milo like crazy and told him to never stop letting me give him kisses because I'm his mommy!! To which he replied, "Yep, you are; and you're my best friend!" I love this boy like crazy!
One morning after handing me his nice and full pull-up so that he could change into undies, I said, "Thanks Milo, you're the best!" He replied, "Yep, I AM the best mommy!" I hope that he always feels that way about himself and never doubts just how wonderful he is.
Wanting his daddy to come and sit by him as he played a game on one of our phones he says, "Daddy come here." Cesar says, "Hang on just a minute buddy." to which Milo replies, "Awe, come on Dad, seriously??!!"
He LOVES his brothers and I am so happy about that. He really is a great kid. Of course, he IS 3 1/2 years old and still has his moments... but even Cesar and I can't help but laugh at those moments because one day (hopefully) those moments will be gone! I love how he pouts when he gets mad about something... he stomps his little foot and crosses his arms really tight and walks away while saying, "I'm really, really sad!" When he thinks we're angry with him he tries to make us smile by laughing in a silly way at us until we crack and he'll say, "Why are you "madding" at me?"
He loves us something fierce and that is the greatest gift of ALL!! He considers us his "best pals" and I want it to stay that way!! I love being this kid's mommy!

awww!! I miss my buddy Milo! He is the cutest kid!!
ReplyDelete