Last December, I was called to be the ward choir director. What??!! I know!! I asked the member of the bishopric who extended the call if he was out of his mind! I don't own a piano, nor do I play. I have an itsy bitsy bit of knowledge when it comes to music, but nothing substantial enough to be a choir director. I accepted... seriously, who says no? I took over in January. In February, we sang for Ward Conference AND Stake Conference... What??!! I know!! It was crazy. By mid March I thought I might actually be able to do this... then He called. That's right, a dreaded member of the Stake Presidency wanted to meet with Cesar and I.... Hmmm, ok, what's going on? Well, we were asked to serve together on a mission of sorts. We were asked if we would be willing to attend a Spanish branch to help strengthen them. Wait, what? But I'm the choir director... and I'm finally starting to get the hang of it! Moo! I was VERY disappointed, but we accepted... seriously, who says no?
I am thankful to have been able to serve for the short time that I did as choir director. I feel like I could one day accept that call again, and with confidence! I am thankful to the choir members who kept on coming, cause seriously, I was a crazy mess! Their support is what strengthened me. It was amazing to me to feel the Lord's hand in my short journey. He makes up the difference; he truely does! Today was our Easter program and our last Sunday (for a while) in the Ledgewood Ward. The music was beautiful. The spirit was strong! I am grateful for testimonies shared through music. What a great opportunity this was for me!
Way to go Poo!!! I didn't know you were the director. I have lots of music knowledge and I don't think I could do it. (However it would be better than playing the piano for choir...) Super cool that you are going to a Spanish ward now. The Lord knows there are people there that need your help! We miss you!!!
ReplyDeletewow! you are AMAZING! i'd be shakin in my boots if i was called for anything musical!
ReplyDeleteand seriously...who says no?! I like that. :)
Awe, thanks! BELIEVE me, I WAS shakin' in my boots EVERY TIME!!!
ReplyDeleteYou were amazing. We have very large shoes to fill. We will miss you so very, very much! I wuff you!
ReplyDeleteMarti, are you saying I have big feet?
ReplyDelete