This year Easter was so much more fun with Milo! He knew exactly what to do with the plastic eggs (open them to find goodies inside) and it was just the cutest thing to watch! Last year we didn't get Milo an Easter basket; I was a slacker... I know, terrible mommy! This year, I was better... We even decided we would have our own little egg hunt at our house just for him. Milo is a funny kid. He does not like sweets... The only thing he'll eat that's sweet, are fruit snacks. In fact, the only candy in his Easter basket was a cadbury cream egg and pez with a pez dispenser... Those are items that are a must in any Easter basket, if you ask me. Don't worry they did not go to waste... I ate them. He was also given 2 chocolate bunnies and a huge chocolate egg filled with little chocolate eggs by some friends... Cesar ate one of the chocolate bunnies and the big giant egg before we decided to give the last chocolate bunny to the missionaries. Now, because of his distaste for candy, we put goldfish, animal cookies, fruit snacks and cars in the eggs that we "hid." We were so excited for his little hunt only to be disappointed when he wasn't interested :( I guess one hunt a year is good for him (playgroup from church had organized one a couple of weeks before), but throughout the day when he would spot an egg he would open it with delight. Let me add that we are well aware fo the fact that Easter is not just about bunnies, chocolate and egg hunts, and we are so grateful to know that we celebrate Easter in rememberance of the sacrifice made by our Saviour for each one of us. We know He lives and that we, too, may live again because of Him.





What a handsome guy! He is getting so, so big!
ReplyDelete